Doing the various Yoga poses can be challenging to many of us. I prefer Chinese Qigong to Yoga because of my perception that Yoga poses could be painful because of the stretching of all those tendons and joints! Today, I discover that I was wrong.
Yoga Relaxation Technique
I found this hub about Guided Relaxation for Stress Management and the relaxation technique is very simple and easy to follow.
Step-by-Step Yoga Relaxation Guide
The Shavasana or corpse pose is an easy pose even if you have not practised any form of Yoga or qigong. This is probably one of the easiest relaxation techinques I’ve ever come across.
All you need to do is lie down on the floor to practise this very simple relaxation technique. Use a yoga mat to avoid lying on cold surfaces like marble or ceramic tiles directly.
- Lie down on your back, with feet slightly wider than hip width apart.
- Place your arms slightly away from the body, at a 45 degrees angle.
- Keep your palms facing upwards. Make sure that your body and head is not slanted.
- Take in 5 deep breaths through the nose.
- As you inhale, feel your abdomen bloating up like a balloon.
- As you exhale, let it drop down naturally.
- Each time you inhale, feel the oxygen filling in the lungs.
- Each time you exhale, feel the toxins being expelled from the body.
- Feel the circulation of energy within. Just like water flowing in streams.
- Relax your entire body. Release all tensions away.
- Let your worries go.
- Visualize yourself in a deep blue ocean.
- Feel yourself getting lighter and lighter.
- Feel your body sinking down deeper and deeper.
When you are done with the exercise, it is important you come out of the relaxation pose gradually.
- Slowly bring your awareness to the finger tips and toes.
- Wriggle the fingers and toes to awaken the body and give yourself a good stretch by elongating the hands away from the legs.
- Slowly push yourself up to a sitting position.
- Keep your eyes closed and sit quietly for a couple of minutes before opening them and standing up.
Check out this site to learn more about Yoga Trainer Course and Yoga Workshop tirisulayoga.com.