Read about the Free SEO Starter Guide at the Blogopreneur this morning via Google Alert. It was a short post by Kian Ann. Since he highly recommend it and it’s by Google, I have to go download and print a copy of this free SEO ebook.
This is a basic SEO guide and I think it’s a must-read for everyone, not just webmasters and web designers.
Because it is such a short guide, only 22 page, there is no table of contents or organized in chapters.
So I have taken to time to list out the main points of this very useful and important SEO Guide by Google.
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the “description” meta tag
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Use heading tags appropriately
- Optimize your use of images
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools**
- Take advantage of web analytics services**
- Helpful resources for webmasters**
Click here to download the SEO Guide in PDF.
Google Using Viral Marketing to Promote its Services
Did you read the last 3 heading in the above list?
They are promoting Google services!
What a smart way to promote your services by giving away a small little SEO guide book.
Isn’t that viral marketing in action?