Read about the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S III at LesterChan.net and it prompted me to write this blog post to say that I too want the new Galaxy S3 when it becomes available in Singapore.
Yes, I want it despite the fact that I was told the camera might not be as good as that of the iPhone 4S (very good image quality) or the HTC One X (F2.0 aperture for low-light shot).
Samsung Galaxy S3 Features
- 4.8″ 720×1280 Super AMOLED display
- 8MP camera and 1.9MP front camera
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cloud storage, 50GB Dropbox for two years
- “Smart Stay” – so as long as you’re looking at it, the display won’t dim or turn off
- “Direct Call” – no need to hit call, simply hold the device up to your face and the number will be dialled automatically
Samsung Galaxy S3 in Singapore
I have been using the Galaxy S2 for about a year and is waiting impatiently for the Samsung S3 to be available in Singapore. Now, my questions is when will it available in Singapore. I hope Singtel will be the first the 3 telcos(Singtel, Starhub and M1) to offer the S3 so that I can trade in my S2. I think I prefer the a marble white Galaxy S3.
No. I am not getting the Galaxy Note because it’s too big. Read my take on Galaxy S3 vs Galaxy Note here.
According to LesterChan.net, the new Galaxy S3 “available in Singapore from Q2 2012″. That means it should in Singapore latest by end of June!
Are you going to get the Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC One X? Please leave your comment below.
[Updated 19 May 2012]: Galaxy S3 pre-order starts today, you can register your interest with Singtel, Starhub or M1.